CrazyBoards.org

What's the Truth about Cannabis for schizophrenic users?

The internet and genrally the media have so much contradictory statments about this drug. It is so highly praised as a miracle plant in various places while on the opposit it is deplored as psychosis inducer and a trigger for inactive schizophrenia.

I am diagnosed Schizophrenia and ocd

my schisophrenia when was at its peak, mainly included thought delusions, not bizzare or grandios...I believe it all stemed from past trauma. I never had any illusions visual or auditory etc...

Today im stable and well thanks to meds. No suffering.

What do you think about Cannabis for people like me? And all those praises for this drug, as if it were the Holy Grail

Edited by Gilgamesh
Added question

It can aggravate psychosis. It is also correlated with inducing psychosis in susceptible people who otherwise did not have psychosis. It's unclear whether it causes psychosis or whether it is merely a correlation. Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

I think a lot of people would think twice about doing it if it came with those long lists of possible side effects like with the licensed medicines do. So many people freak out about taking antidepressants, benzos, antipsychotics and what not because of some nasty things being in black and white for them. Like jt07 said, don't risk it; you're going through enough already as it is, don't add more risk on top of the things. Enjoy the stability.

What do you think about Cannabis for people like me? And all those praises for this drug, as if it were the Holy Grail

There is no Holy Grail, unfortunately, because we are all so different. Pot makes me depressed as much as it helps my anxiety. And frankly, it's not worth it.

My vote is a hands down no question capitAL letter NO.  PARTICULARLY since you are stable. Do you know how rare that is? Why fuck with something working. Not in the mental illness field. Our lives are hard enough already. There is no reason for you to add another chemical to your system that could very well kick you over the edge of a brand new precipice.

Maybe you are the 1% that gets a psychotic episode? Maybe it will make your anxiety disappear for an hour or so? Why take the risk. 

I would ask yourself why you are even THINKING about doing this drug.  We sabotage ourselves so often. Sometimes I feel like I am not ALLOWED to be stable.  Here you are stable and alive, thinking of messing with your mix for no good reason. In fact, this topic is your answer. Just say no. Like Nancy R.  lol