CrazyBoards.org

How much Wellbutrin works for you?

I finally got put on Wellbutrin today, at 75mgs for a week then up it to 75mgs twice a day. I took my first dose about  2 hours ago, and I can't wait to see how it works. I felt so horrible without an antidepressant in the mix. I know we'll probably have to adjust the dose, so I'm wondering: How much Wellbutrin does it take to work for you? Also I'd like to know how soon you could tell a difference in mood after starting it?

For me, it took exactly 1 month on 300 mg for me to feel a difference. Of course, I got the "honeymoon period" that lasted for a few days but then that died out and nothing came back to me until nearly 1 month to the day. During that month, I was very irritable and had a lot of anxiety.

I had been taking 150 mg for a few months prior to going to 300 mg, and it didn't do anything at all for me. YMMV.

I felt it working within a week at 150mg then I was upped to 300mg but it came with some pretty nasty irritability that unfortunately didn't go away. I had to come off it because it turned me into  a raging bitch.

I hope you have better luck. Wellbutrin can be a really great med.

It took about a couple of weeks for the combo of Brintellix (10 mg) and Wellbutrin (100 mg) to "kick in"...for me. While I am not completely free of my depression and irritability symptoms, it seems that they have decreased significantly with this combo of meds, and I feel I can enjoy my life better.

I hope you can find some sort of relief. Good luck! ☺

Edited by dgalnteddy

Thank you all. I woke up with a migraine this morning, and a few minutes ago I finally had to cave in to the Imitrex injection, because the ibuprofen wasn't doing a thing. Unfortunately, sometimes the Imitrex injections give me cardiac symptoms; like heart racing, irregular heartbeat, and chest pressure. Well I'm not sure if it was the mixture of Wellbutrin and Imitrex, but it led me to have an anxiety attack. Thankfully it has since passed with 25mgs of promethezine and 0.5mgs of Xanax. My fingers are crossed that it was an isolated incident from the Imitrex injection. I guess this is what I get from skipping my Topamax for the last few days.<_<

Topamax is an anticonvulsant. You are risking a seizure by skipping it. On a list of all the meds you don't want to skip, anticonvulsants are at the top.

Edited by jt07
clarity

I was on 300mg for many years, we had talked of upping it but I ended up going off of it when I was trying to get pregnant. I'm actually hoping to restart it after my Pdoc appointment today.

I never had any noticeable side effects on it and it did pretty good for my depression, which is why I took it for so long. I tend to get crappy side effects from antidepressants.

It usually takes me about 2 weeks to notice any change to my mood on it at all and about a month for full effect.

Hope it works for you.

Edit: xl is what I take

Edited by inked3

It takes 300 mg (100 mg pills) IR to work.  The SR does not work for me.  And when I first started Wellbutrin IR, I felt some effect for my energy level within a few hours of taking it.  Otherwise it took a little longer for it to work.  No side effects on it.

Everything seems to be going great so far, except I had some crazy vivid dreams last night. At one point, I knew I was dreaming and I knew I'd be able to tell by checking my phone, but things got fuzzy after that. Everything felt SO real. Is this common in starting Wellbutrin? I've also noticed that my craving for cigarettes has lowered significantly already.

Helped a bit at 150mg. Was in a downward spiral, mixed episode. Helped more at 300mg, got me out of the episode (AP was changed, too) and worked a little too well at 450mg (got hypomanic) so it is now 300mg, and its just right.