CrazyBoards.org

For some strange reason clozapine was like a sugar pill for me. The paranoia and voices were worse. I couldn't believe it myself because it is so highly spoken of. Can anyone else relate? Am I like the only person it doesn't work for?

I have been taking it for a couple of years.

I take all of it at night because it's so sedating.  When I first started taking it, I started having visual hallucinations about an hour after I took it.  Fortunately, I was aware enough to know that it was just a hallucination, so it didn't really bother me, especially since I would be knocked out and in bed soon after they started.  Eventually, it went away.

Perhaps you are on a low dose?  I just upped my dosage to 175mg at night.  When I was first starting it, I posted something here asking for the dosages that people were taking and I think most people said they were taking at least 300mg. I think they were schizophrenic, and I'm only schizoaffective, so that may be why I'm fine at 175mg.