CrazyBoards.org

My cigarettes taste like cat urine

I know that is going to sound extremely weird so please bare with me. On Thursday, my Seroquel XR was upped from 300mgs to 400mgs and I was put on Wellbutrin 75mgs once a day(until I felt comfortable taking it twice a day). Well today is the first day I took it twice a day. Physically and mental I feel amazing! But the oddest thing happened, I was smoking a cigarette and I kept smelling cat urine. Well at least I thought I was. I realized I was tasting it from the cigarette, so I put it out and light another one to see if it was just that one, and the other one tasted completely normal. I light the "cat urine" cigarette up again a short while later and it still had that funny taste! The box was not defective in anyway, I just opened them today. I thought my mind was just playing tricks on me because I've smoked a couple since this and they tasted normal, but just about 10 minutes ago I smoked another one that "tasted" like cat urine! I don't know what cat urine taste like obviously, but it smells exactly like it. Has this happened to anyone else or am I really losing my mind?

Wellbutrin goes by the name "Zyban" as a quit-smoking aid. I found cigarettes tasted way different on it, but I got used to it. It helped me quit a couple months ago, too.

I dropped from a pack to a half pack on Wellbutrin. When it came down to it, I quit cold turkey after taking Wellbutrin for 15 years (i.e., it wasn't cutting back on smoking further). But because of the reduction in my smoking, it was that much easier.

I had no insurance and asked the doctor for zyban to quit smoking. It didn't make them taste like cat urine, but it gave them a definite "odd" taste. I paid out the ass for the zyban and it didn't stop me from smoking. I did cut back, but didn't stop. Then I couldn't afford to get more.

I really hope I can quit or cut back at least. It just such a habit more than anything. It's bad enough that I've been smoking for 10 years. On top of that, one of my close friend's grandma was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer last year(she's a smoker). Now, she's in hospice. Things like that just really get to me, yet I'm still smoking knowing that will one day be me! I curse the day I ever picked up this damn things!