CrazyBoards.org

On Klonopin and Seroquel for sleep - blood tests showed my A1C was just a little high, and I wanted to make sure that was from the Seroquel not the Klonopin. I could sleep throughout the night without the Seroquel. I just don't want to have to watch every little bit of sugar in my body - tea, coffee, cereal, even pastas that are carbs are sugar. Have any Klonopin users had any warnings about blood sugar or A1C levels with usage?

Slurroquel is a known culprit for blood sugar issues. I've not had these concerns on klonopin. I've had periods of time where I took just slurroquel, just klonopin, and both at the same time.

I'd put my money on the Seroquel. I've never taken Klonopin, but I do have to have occasional blood tests because of Seroquel. It messes up more than just my blood sugar. It also messes with my cholesterol and something else that I can't remember right now. My pdoc just keeps an eye on it with the blood tests. Nothing too extreme to get alarmed about in my case.  

• 2 months later...

I'm a diabetic and have no thyroid, on complete thyroid replacement.  The times that I tried Zyprexa - I could actually witness my blood sugar go up, and my metabolism just crawl to a halt.  I'm an extreme case though.  I'm not saying to scare you away from Seroquel - I don't notice that effect on seroquel - but Zyprexa definitely messed with my metabolism.