CrazyBoards.org

Rizatriptan doesn't work

Tried rizatriptan last night ..  Big mistake . Didn't help and by the time I realised it was too late . Stemitel (spelling ?) and panadiene forte to the rescue . 

Would this be because I'm on fluoxetine and they both work on serotonin ? Couldn't find much on this. 

I don't know about it not working because of Fluoxetine, but I know Maxalt has to be taken a very specific way and doesn't work for a lot of people.

You have to take it as quickly as you can, with the very first sign of headache pain begins. You can't take it during an aura or any time after the headache pain, or it won't kick in correctly.

It's weird, and never worked for me - or I never took it at the right time, I don't know. I have "complex" auras, and I need something I can take during or at the sign of an aura so I got rid of Maxalt pretty quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Take it before you are too sick to, unless you are waking up with ice-pick headaches. If you are vomiting so much you can't take the triptan, you need some kind of anti-emetic, maybe even a suppository (I have some of those in the freezer).

You do have to try it again. But if it doesn't work, there are lots of other triptans to try.