CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Butterflyx

Wellbutrin XR and Adderall experiences

Is it possible the wellbutrin is cancelling out my adderall? I think that is why Ive been feeling so anxious/flighty. I feel like the wellbutrin exacerbates my ADHD, and makes my adderall not work.

Am I imagining this? 

Edited by Butterflyx

The should boost each others effect.  That said, they both can increase anxiety so if you combine them, that effect can be boosted as well,.

The should boost each others effect.  That said, they both can increase anxiety so if you combine them, that effect can be boosted as well,.

I've noticed if I take them at the same time I feel really wound up and then 2 hours later it's like I never took any adderall at all. I read somewhere that it's because how they act. Wellbutrin stabilizes dopamine where as adderall causes rapid release of it. I guess it's like the wellbutrin basically inhibits it's effect. 

bah. Can't wait to see my pdoc tomorrow. 

I've noticed Wellbutrin has ruined my life, and personally I find Adderall to be ineffective since going on Wellbutrin. I wasn't prescribed Adderall before I Wellbutrin, but I never abused it, either.