CrazyBoards.org

Serious urge to self-harm

So I have multiple personalities, and my dominant alter just came out and now I have the serious urge to self-harm (this personality self-harms). The only thing that's stopping me is my mom is in the other room, and if I suddenly come out with cuts on my arm, she'll notice and know something's up. Any idea what I should do?

I'm sorry nobody was able to respond sooner to you. How are you now? My best advice would have been for you to get out of your room and sit with your mom as a distraction. I'd also suggest that you read through some of the pinned threads at the top of the SI board for ideas on how others have dealt with urges.

pearlz, in case you don't get faster responses, there's a big long thread pinned at the top of this forum about what people do instead of self harm. Hopefully you can get some ideas there. Chat is also a resource if you're having a tough time and need more support sooner.