CrazyBoards.org

Long time lurker, first time introducing myself.  I was really scared to say anything at all, but I think it would be good to try and make some friends.

My name is Pennyroyaltea, or just Penny.  I live on the west coast of the United States.  I'm 30.  I'm a health care professional (researcher, pathologist).  I've been in and out of therapy for over 15 years.  In the past, my pattern is to stay with a therapist for 6-12 months, then go out of therapy, then back in with a new therapist, etc.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  My most recent therapy was an intense one year DBT program that I feel has helped me tremendously.  I didn't even feel like I needed therapy for a long time.  Now I'm starting to fall back into old habits, old ways of thinking, etc.  My DBT therapist that I loved and grew way too attached to has moved across the country, so rather than look for a new therapist, I've decided to give blogging a shot.  Never done it before.  Hoping that if I see my thoughts out on paper (or screen, as it were) I will be better able to organize my thoughts and think through things.  It's worth a shot.

Anyway, I hope this is a good place for me to be.  I look forward to getting to know people through their blogs/forum posts.  Thanks for reading.

Welcome, Penny. We have a lot of people here who have been through DBT, and I'm sure that if you want to talk about it, you'll get many takers.

Feel free to message me or another mod if you have any questions.

Gearhead