CrazyBoards.org

Sylvan, I hope it works out.  Look forward to hearing how you did on the generic.  I'm going to have to go on it soon also. 

(I know everyone is different and metabolizes meds differently, so your experience might be different than others, but I still look forward to hearing about it).

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been on 10 mg generic since 6/24. I'm not sure if I like it or not. I don't know how to describe it other than I feel "out of sorts" when I'm on the generic. It feels like I'm not getting 10 mg but I can't tell if it's too much or too little. I saw pdoc today and it didn't dawn on me until I was talking to him that maybe the reason I'm not feeling right is because of the generic. He gave me 2 weeks worth of samples and I'm going to see if it makes a difference. Trouble is, any change in Abilify takes at least a week for me to notice a difference. Guess I'll check back in a week.

Any update, sylvan?

I was getting Abilify on the patient prescription program, but now I've got insurance and can fill a prescription. I started generic Abilify today. I believe I'm taking the Torrent generic.

I just got generic abilify this month, but have been using up all the other name brand Abilify I have collected instead.  I'm afraid to start the generic though because everything (all meds) are working, and switching to a generic right now might mess things up.

So I would really like to know how it is ... I know everyone is different but it would just be nice to know that it works basically the same.

Sorry to hear the switchover didn't work for you, sylvan.  I hope your insurance continues to approve it (I've had the issue of them approving something once and then taking it back when I brought a new script).

I'm going down on abilify in order to eventually go off of it (I'm down to 2.5 mg, so the "off" is soon), but I personally did okay with having to switchover at about 5mg. That feeling that it was an okay switch may be colored by the fact that my doc is taking me off of it, though.

Thanks for the updates. Sylvan, I'm also sorry that it didn't work out, but I'm very glad that your insurance is covering brand. That is great. Today is day 2 on the generic, but it is far, far too early to tell. I take Tegretol which alters my metabolism of Abilify, and I feel changes sooner than most so I should feel something in a week if there will be a difference for me or not.

I've been on the generic now for a week. Not sure if it is due to the Abilify generic or something else, but I'm getting some pretty nasty orthostatic hypotension. Other than that, I'm not seeing much difference.