CrazyBoards.org

Anyone been on Prolixin? How did you like it? I just got out of IP on Monday and am on 3 mg/day, 1 mg every 6 hours. I think it was fine while I was acute but needs to be tapered down now as I am very sedated nowadays.

I've been on it.  The pills didn't work but the shot did.  Calmed the voices down almost instantly.  The only downside was that it made me kind of sedated, and because it was a shot, I couldn't adjust the dose to make me less sedated.  It took about 2 weeks to get out of my system.  I didn't stay on it because of that.

Good to know you liked it. Apparently during acute psychosis they typically medicate with it heavily then once you are stabilized the dose can be adjusted and taken once a day, which is what i am doing now. My psychiatrist is only in his office two days a month.... Going to be looking for a new one so i don't have to do shit like this by myself anymore:(

Prolixin/fluphenazine gave me seriously bad involuntary muscle spasms and also caused me to have extreme night sweats so bad that I'd wake up every night several times having to change my sweat-soaked shirt.  I'm not even sure if it helped with the psychosis or not.  I won't go back on it.