CrazyBoards.org

Hello

I'm Welsh dragon . I am a graduate with bipolar, chronic pain syndrome and god knows what else. 

I've feeling really low again. I can't really go out much when I do its only for a short period of time. So I've lost contract with a lot of friends as I had to cancel at lot. I've had chronic pain since Xmas 2015 so im still trying to get used to this. I lost my job cos of the pain. I worked in a law office which I loved. Now I see friends who did less work then I did get decent jobs while im on the sofa. I know that seems pathetic.  At university I volunteered I worked and I was in socties.  I got a 2:1 in my degree. 

I just want to hurt my self. I feel like I've failed rear badly

Has Anyone got any tips to make me feel better

Hi, Welsh Dragon and welcome to CB!

I'm sorry you are feeling bad. Do you have a pdoc (psychiatrist)? Do you take any meds and are you getting therapy? Those are the big things you can do to try to get your life back on track.

Congratulations on getting your degree! That is a big accomplishment. Have you considered volunteering now just to get out of the house? I know you are in pain, but maybe you could find someplace to volunteer and the pressure wouldn't be the same as it is at a job.

I'm sorry for all the questions. Basically what I try to do when I'm depressed is to indulge in my interests as much as I can (easier when I'm not so depressed, but still baby steps when depressed are helpful). I also have a hobby that I try to devote some time to. But I know what it is like to not be able to/want to get out of the house. My pdoc says that isolation is bad, but that is easy for him to say and it's difficult to actually do when you are depressed. Still it is something to keep in mind.

I hope you feel better soon.

Well, it is great that you are getting out sometimes. I understand about getting tired. For me, stress makes me more tired even than physical things, but I am sure that pain also wears on you. I hope you are getting treatment and are not having to fight this battle alone.