CrazyBoards.org

Ok, So I stayed in Oklahoma because I had such a good doctor....Wulp, he died of unknown causes so I got a new doctor.....He still gives me klonopin but stims are out of the question......He says it's all in my head and that maybe true.....So my dad wants me to visit him in Kentucky for three weeks and me and him will work on getting me there if I decide to move. I'm tired of Oklahoma......I think a new adjustment and shift would do me good. Has anybody here ever been in the situation where you don't want to leave in fear that they will just cold turkey you off your medication. That is the only reason I'm scared of doing it.

No responsible doctor will cold turkey you off all your meds. I do think it would be a good idea to make sure that you can find a psychiatrist and get an appointment before moving though. However - and I don't know if you meant to convey this or not - but refusal of stimulants is not a reason to move. It may well be that stimulants are bad for you, and your doctor is acting in your best interest.

You have more stamina than I do. I got sick of OK just driving through it!

I think you should find a pdoc in KY first.  Good luck!

I echo others. It would be a good idea to find a psychiatrist while you are visiting your dad before you move.

Also...let your current psychiatrist know in advance your plans. That way he can be on board and might be willing to write your non-controlled prescriptions (assuming you are compliant) for longer/more#count for the move until you can see your new psychiatrist.

I echo others. It would be a good idea to find a psychiatrist while you are visiting your dad before you move.

Also...let your current psychiatrist know in advance your plans. That way he can be on board and might be willing to write your non-controlled prescriptions (assuming you are compliant) for longer/more#count for the move until you can see your new psychiatrist.

I agree.  I'd make sure I had enough meds/refills to cover me until I could see the new pdoc.