CrazyBoards.org

Hello!  I am just curious if anyone has tried white chestnut to slow down your mind?  I have tried anti-psychotics and even 2mg of Risperdal did not stop the repeated verse singing in my head.

I have stopped the anti-psychotics, yea, but the singing goes on.  Especially when it is quiet and I am just trying to relax.

Someone on another board recommended it, but did not give any details.  I tend to be skeptical with this kind of stuff, so it would be nice if someone can give me more information.  I have looked it up, but nothing very helpful.

Thank you!

do you mean the bach flower essence?

i've taken bach rescue remedy for anxiety and it helps a bit.  it doesn't compare to a traditional anxiety medication, but i personally feel it helps.

in my experience the bach essences are kind of like homeopathy in that some people swear by them and some people thing they are a load of whooee.

Well, 's'like this.  I don't think Bach flower remedies can replace "traditional" medicine, but I think they can be a helpful adjunct.

Worst case scenario, you waste $15. I mean, seriously. The stuff can't hurt you. The remedies ARE preserved in alcohol, so if you are alcohol-sensitive (though you will not actually ingest more than a thimble full of alcohol even if you drink the whole bottle lol), you might want to consider topical application.

I have tried white chestnut in the past for ruminating thoughts, and found it helpful, when I was on no other medication. I haven't tried it since going on meds, but had actually been thinking of giving it another try lately. It obviously wasn't a panacea for me, but I do think it helped.

Rescue remedy is another one I really like. I'd give it a try, but not at the expense of, say, stopping my other meds.

very interesting topic!

I have the same problem but thought it was just related to racing thoughts I have - especially trying to get to sleep.

Am interested to find more replies to this topic to see if this is actually worth a try or if there are any other remedies for the "singing" since I am really not a good singer ;)

Archived