CrazyBoards.org

So I might be schizoaffective but I'd prefer she didn't refer to it as a disease.  If I am indeed affected by it, I am most fortunately not affected that deeply.  I have never heard voices or hallucinated anything.  I have however suffered from delusions and paranoia.  Perhaps by some seemingly godly intervention, I don't have symptoms when I am on 15mg Abilify. I am somewhat flatlined and not hypo manic like I'd rather be but I am not odd in thoughts or behavior anymore.  I've been on Abilify and Prozac for almost 5 years now after the 2010 med hiatus that put me in a mental hospital.  

Another thing that irks me to no end is that my Pdoc doesn't like to accept my belief that the Zyprexa which I took when I was 17-18 caused residual affects that I will have for the rest of my life.  I blame all of my sexual dysfunction on it even though it's 16 years later.  I became asexual on this medicine and have been asexual since then with no exceptions.  I spent a few years in college on absolutely no meds and felt pretty good during that time and my sexual feelings still did not return.  When I told my Pdoc about my belief she disregarded what I said and that is when she said that my sexual dysfunction during the times off the meds was just part of the "disease" and that right now because I am on meds , the sexual dysfunction is caused by the meds.  I agree that Abilify and Prozac can make your sex drive go away because everybody know that.  It's common knowledge.  I totally don't agree that my sexual dysfunction off the meds is caused by my disorder.  A lot of people are schizoaffective and still horny and sexually responsive.  It's not like being depressed.  I might just be assuming all this though. 

I also want to really drive home the idea that my sexual dysfunction caused my morbid obesity and not vice versa.  Because i can't feel sexual pleasure I turn to food.  I also don;t care whether or not I'm looking hot or have a bikini figure because I don't care about sex at all.    With a void to fill and hardly a care about my waistline, you can imagine that I'd be eating like a horse and indeed I am.

There was a point with my SZA I didn't care about my looks and decided to eat like a horse. I would eat the worst foods and lots of candies

cos I wanted to die faster. I was very obese for some years. It took me a while to get out of that depression euthanasia-want mode.

I started dieting and I'm only slightly overweight now. I feel better now looking thin cos I get comments that I look smaller so it brightens up my mood.

I believe it took me 4 years to get out of depression.

Another thing that irks me to no end is that my Pdoc doesn't like to accept my belief that the Zyprexa which I took when I was 17-18 caused residual affects that I will have for the rest of my life.  I blame all of my sexual dysfunction on it even though it's 16 years later.

I can relate to this, but not with sexual dysfunction.  When I was on Clozaril my eating and sleep were both affected, and ever since being on it (and going off of it a couple months later) my sleep has never been the same, and my eating is completely out of control without the naltrexone.  These are residual effects from that med, I am certain.  So I can understand when you say that you have residual effects from the zyprexa.  I believe you. 

I am also asexual, but don't know if meds over time contributed to this.  I never thought about that.  They probably played a role but I'm not sure to what extent.

I get no pleasure from sex. For me it is a trauma related thing because I was raped. And I'm sure the meds don't help either. I still do "things" with my husband for his sake though. I have even begun to enjoy feeling like I'm attractive. (even though I am overweight and hate my body)