CrazyBoards.org

I was initially diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia 5 years ago but since then I have had issues with my mood hence the schizoaffective diagnosis. But I have not had a psychotic episode since that first once over five years ago. And I really want a re-evaluation because the only medication I am on is Abilify and I don't feel it helps when I have mood issues on and off.

My diagnoses have changed a lot over the years.  It started with depression, then bipolar 2, bipolar 1, SZA ... then add in the anxiety disorders and PTSD and agorophobia and OCD (at the time) in between all of those.  My final diagnosis of SZA was in 2003, and 95% of this started mainly in 1995 ... but I have been on Prozac since 1991, so the depression started then also but I didn't see a pdoc.  And in 1988 I was diagnosed with anorexia nervosa.  So the diagnoses changed all the time.

I think it would be ok to ask for a re-evaluation.  But maybe you haven't had a psychotic episode for 5 years because you are on Abilify and it is helping?  And maybe need to talk to DR for something for mood?  I am on Abilify as well as a mood stabilizer (plus others), because Abilify didn't help both.

I have mood/psychotic/anxiety issues with all the meds I'm on even. But you are only on abilify. So maybe like melissa said, you may need a mood stabilizer or AD to help your mood more. It's great that you haven't been psychotic though in 5 years! That is really amazing and something to be really grateful for.