CrazyBoards.org

I dont suffer well

When I was 19 I was afflicted by depression, I only get dealt with extremes. No moderation. But effexor sorted me out, it was majic. I was on for 6 months then came off it. Gradually I started feeling anxiety which turned into panic attacks. My pdoc prescribed paroxetine which didnt help much so requested another round of Effexor. Once again Effexor delivered. I eas well enough to travel. I thought I had defeated this foe of panic and agoraphobia and tapered off the effexor. Symptoms returned within 4 months and effexor bailed me out again. This time I was in it for the long haul and stayed on it for 13 years. It began to lose its funk so I thought I could do better on something new so my pdoc changed me to escitalopram. The change went smoothly and it seemed to work fine however cracks were starting to develop. I didnt feel quite right 5 months in on Cipralex. My mood did a devastating and sudden dip so I went back on effexor, but this time was different. Effexor helped for a few days and that was it. So my pdoc added zyprexa, and I felt better for 2 weeks before I crashed again. Now im on 262, 5 mg effexor, 5 mg zyprexa, 0.5 clonozapam and 30 mg Remeron, but still depressed. Im now facing a MAOI or ECT

Hi, neitherdeadnorliving. Welcome to CB. Sounds like you're already familiar with the med-go-round. You'll find a good community for that here.

Please feel free to PM me or one of the other mods if you have any questions about the site.

Gearhead

Edited by Gearhead

Hello and welcome to CB.

I don't think that there is such a thing as "good suffering." So few people suffer gladly and with grace - if they did then they don't need support in doing so. Support is for those of us who, like you, struggle with our sufferings. There must be a lot of us as the boards seem to be fairly busy on a day-to-day basis. If you post about both MAOI and ECT you'll find members here who have experience with both of those. You don't need to be alone and isolated with your choice.

I hope that you can find the support that you're looking for.