CrazyBoards.org

Another compelling intro

Hi,

I'm 32 and was diagnosed with Bipolar 1 seven years ago. I've dealt with emotional issues from as far back as 15 years old and started taking anti-depressants when I was 19, but  I didn't have full blown mania until 2008 and it blew my world apart. I've been on various cocktails of meds over the years since. I've also had two courses of ECT ( memory is worse for wear) I've been off work on disability since Oct 2014. I just can't seem to get a grip on the symptoms and the emotional impact of dealing with this stuff. My world as a result has become very small and I've struggled with social anxiety and to a degree agoraphobia since being off work.

I'm glad this isn't a profile for a dating site. I don't think I'd be reeling them in.

Edited by superfurball

I'm glad this isn't a profile for a dating site. I don't think I'd be reeling them in.

This part made me smile. I used to be big on dating sites; they kept me entertained. Looking back, I have no idea how I maintained a profile and actually went on many dates. Given my level anxiety, it seems so impossible now. I really don't speak to anyone and I'm having to push myself on the boards to interact.