CrazyBoards.org

Latuda -how did u fix wide awake problem?

I know some of you who take Latuda mentioned that you are wide awake after sleeping a few hours. My pdoc suggested to switch the dosage from morning to bedtime. 

There are still times I wake up after 4 hours or so after following pdoc's orders. I never have problems falling asleep. I take Latuda twice a day.

How did you fix this problem? What helped you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem here also. I haven't found a workable solution. It is difficult explaining why I get up so early because the medication forces me out of bed. My brain is still foggy at the early wake up time so I find it difficult to be proactive or simply do anything productive. I've resorted to watching an inordinate amount of YouTube. I have tried doubling a dose of Ativan thinking that might  relax my mind while I sleep and reduce the need to wake up early. Doesn't work. Sometimes if I take a shower after waking up, I am able to fall back to sleep. 

This may sound kind of lame, but have you tried drinking a hot milky beverage (Cocoa, Ovaltine, Horlicks, that kind of thing) when you wake up? You could have the mug ready to go with the powdered beverage, and then when you wake up, you can add milk, microwave it, and drink it. I've found it really does help. Not like a sleeping pill, but it relaxes your body, which may make it easier to go back to sleep. It makes me sleepy, too, but of course I can't say you'll have the same response.

Eating a banana at bedtime also helps with sleep.