CrazyBoards.org

I was Diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder depressed type

I went to see my doctor and asked him what he had me diagnosed as, since I was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia when I was 18 (I'm 26 now) and I was wondering if i still had the same type type of schiziophrenia, and he said that I had Schizoaffive dirsorder depressed type. I also suffer from an anxiety disorder, which causes me to get panic attacks, even for the stupidist little things sometimes. I do not feel too depressed but can my anxiety be why it was diagnosed as the depressed type? I am always paranoid that something bad is going to happen to me or someone i love. When I am like that I feel nervous and very sad, could that be classified as depression? I feel paranoid every single day, especially when someone leaves the house, like my parents or siblings. I get really scared that something bad is going to happen to them.

It sounds like you have two semi-conflicting diagnoses to me.  I think you should consult another doctor just to get a 2nd opinion if possible.  Schizophrenia and schizoaffective are different enough from each other because of the mood component in schizoaffective.  And if you don't think you have depression, that's significant.  Doctors do make mistakes sometimes and some of them are more careful about words than others too. 

I also suffer from an anxiety disorder, which causes me to get panic attacks, even for the stupidist little things sometimes ...

I am always paranoid that something bad is going to happen to me or someone i love. When I am like that I feel nervous and very sad, could that be classified as depression? I feel paranoid every single day, especially when someone leaves the house, like my parents or siblings. I get really scared that something bad is going to happen to them.

I'm like this too, and attribute it to anxiety.  I have SZA, SZ-type.  I also ALWAYS worry that something bad will happen here (fire/flood/etc), and also to my parents when they go out.  I just want them to stay at home, though I know that is not realistic for them to do that.

I do the same thing. I like to be home and when I get the chance to have some alone time I get worried and scared and think something bads going to happen. I think of the worst things that may happen to me and I feel like someone is watching me.

my diagnose is schizoaffective Disorder bipolar type.(very manic)

my depression is sleeping a lot and I get irratable.

hope your getting support.

Donna

I was first diagnosed with SZ and then ten years later it was Schizoaffective Bipolar Type.

I feel that I am more plain schizophrenia.

But really, the treatment is the same so I don't care which diagnosis it is.

I couldn't really care what it's called, as long as I can take my meds and they help it.

I am going to tell my pdoc that I do not really feel depressed. He also said that the diagnosis might change, which I just remebered right now (sorry!). But I am glad to know that i am not alone and that other people have some of the same symptoms as me.

I am going to start journaling and record my symptoms so that I can show them to my pdoc, I think that that should help.