CrazyBoards.org

what is the coolest thing your voices have said to you

The neatest thing That was said to me was " Fear not my old friend, for you weary heart has strength" 

Has anyone else heard an inspiring message through their voices? 

this came to me and changed my life  it was deep meaningful and profound go me at a time when I really needed to hear it . 

The only thing that was "said" to me, was when I was in one of the worst times of the voices, in the beginning and off meds,  in the hospital as Jane Doe, and I "heard" someone "say", "Everything will be ok."  No one was around to say this.  I was in my room.  Alone.  I got up to look in the hallway, only the workers on the unit.

And then about 10 minutes later some lady who looked like a tarot card reader (but maybe she was a patient though?) ... I really don't know.  But she walked in my door and handed me a tarot card saying something very similar (interchangeable with 'everything will be ok').  And then walked out.

It was very weird.  I never saw her on the unit after that.  I wish I had that tarot card still.  I don't know what ever happened to it.

I don't think it changed my life, but at least it gave me hope in the moment.

I don't think I've ever got inspiring messages. That being said, I've found the entire experience to be quite fascinating, you know, in between the self-loathing, thoughts of suicide and no self-esteem. The "coolest" things ever said to me was "In about five hours time that nuclear bomb is going to explode", this was the same time I was due to meet my psychiatrist for the first time. I knew this was my mind playing tricks on me so I wasn't freaking out, in fact I found it funny, not scary.

• Like 1

A voice asked me to marry him once and I said, "yes."

I've had this said to me also, but it wasn't a "real" voice.  I did everything "they" "asked" me to do because I'd wanted to marry this person at the time (2003).  Was one of my DRs back then.  I kind of got into some trouble for acting on some of the things they would ask me to do, via voices of people who weren't there.  But eventually many months later I figured out it wasn't happening.  I was devastated.

I've never heard voices, per se, but I "channeled" external ideas that I thought were coming into my head from elsewhere. While it lasted, it felt pretty cool to be informed I was a reincarnation of someone very famous. Thankfully I'm a recluse and hate seeking out people because I was really convinced and boy I could have done myself some damage in the real world.

Still felt special, though.

Edited by saintalto

I've never heard voices, per se, but I "channeled" external ideas that I thought were coming into my head from elsewhere. While it lasted, it felt pretty cool to be informed I was a reincarnation of someone very famous. Thankfully I'm a recluse and hate seeking out people because I was really convinced and boy I could have done myself some damage in the real world.

Still felt special, though.

Kind of same thing happened with me, except I was told, "Just know that you are very powerful.  Whether it seems it or not.  You are very powerful." 

I acted on delusions, but not based on that I was powerful (that was implied), and I got into trouble IRL a few times.  I hope everyone has forgotten about it by now.  It has been many years, and I don't go back to the place (hospital), but it is embarrassing to even remember the things that happened there.

• Like 1

I know what you mean about being embarrassed. My pdoc hasn't asked me about my delusions, and I am sort of thankful because I don't know if I could tell him they are so whack. I can't even write about them here. One involved a very famous person who had a plan to kidnap me and make him his wife. 

I know what you mean about being embarrassed. My pdoc hasn't asked me about my delusions, and I am sort of thankful because I don't know if I could tell him they are so whack. I can't even write about them here. One involved a very famous person who had a plan to kidnap me and make him his wife. 

My pdoc has actually asked about them, and I told him I was not talking about.  I can't write most of mine either because it involves famous people as well as some DRs who have reputations I'm not going to mess with. Plus I don't want to write about them because I don't want to bring up the memories anymore than they are in my mind; I just want to forget all of it.