CrazyBoards.org

I have already quit one job at the end of June. I'm almost about to quit this one too.

I am frustrated with my inability to hold down a job.

I went to see a GP today and she told me I need to take time off to collect my thoughts.

But then I feel I will be letting everyone down. I'll be letting my job agency down as they so kindly offered me this post and I'll be letting my family down as I can't hold a job.

Yesterday I came home and cried and cried because I just cant concentrate or cope. The stress is too much.

I just want to crawl under a rock and hide so no one can see me. 

I get you, I worked a full time job with shift times, sometimes overnight, sometimes during the day and I was suffocating. I was let go eventually for undisclosed reasons - not like I cared to find out but I breathed a sigh of relief from that.  If this job is too much for you try looking for a part time or volunteer work, it's not good for you not to have a routine either, you end up feeling like a burden and your comfort box closes in.  

Don't feel bad about it, in an ideal world this isn't your plan, you don't want this to happen so you're not lazy or weak minded. Depression will pass but you're need to first recognise that this isn't your doing, you haven't asked for this.

• Like 1

I understand. Work stress is tough. I had a job that was so stressful that I took to self-medicating which was very bad, and I wouldn't wish that stress on anyone. I don't really have any advice except that you've got to take care of yourself even if that means letting others down.

• Like 1