CrazyBoards.org

Will I ever feel normal again?

Having a terrible summer. I slowly eased into these symptoms, and after last night I just couldn't take it anymore. I had to share.

I woke up after an hour of sleep having weird feelings like I'm losing control and going crazy. Feel very weird, dreamlike, and scared, and couldn't stop thinking about it until I finally fell asleep. 

Woke up today and immediately thought about these feelings. Scared about what/why it is happening and constantly thinking about it. Thinking about it so much that I feel like I will never return to a normal state of living, like this will always be dragging on my mind. 

When I finally think about something that I should look forward to and it usually would excite me, the thoughts immediately pop back into my head and a negative, dreadful feeling comes over me. 

For a year and 5 months I was on effexor 75mg for similar feelings but was able to stop, and felt perfectly normal for my entire senior year of college. These weird symptoms started when I came home for summer in May, and have been going on for 2 months. I try to battle it by doing normal daily activities like working, socializing, working out, trying to find other hobbies, but these thoughts are running through my head the entire time.

I don't want to start my meds again because I was literally feeling perfectly normal two months ago at school. It's so frustrating! I was going out with friends, living it up, and just feeling happy. I was able to fight off any of these feelings because I was surrounded by friends 24/7. Now it seems like I'm losing control and nothing will be normal again. 

Please tell me why this is happening and what I should I do!

Sounds like depersonalization and derealization.  There are a lot of YouTube videos about it. They are very helpful.  I just went threw two months of pure hell with it. Now I'm excausted from what I went threw. Feel like a truck hit me.  Its happened to me other times but I didn't know what it was.  I thought it was just plain anxiety.  I'm so sorry you are feeling this way.  Let me know if you watched the videos and what you think about it

i don't have a solution for you, but keep us posted and let us know how you're doing whether or not you decide to go back on meds. therapy is another option if the chronic negative feelings/derealization/anxiety persist and interfere with your life further. i'm sorry that you're going through this and it's certainly frustrating.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like depersonalization and derealization.  There are a lot of YouTube videos about it. They are very helpful.  I just went threw two months of pure hell with it. Now I'm excausted from what I went threw. Feel like a truck hit me.  Its happened to me other times but I didn't know what it was.  I thought it was just plain anxiety.  I'm so sorry you are feeling this way.  Let me know if you watched the videos and what you think about it

I know the feeling being struck like a truck.