CrazyBoards.org

Inpatient procastination

Ok I'm going to pour my heart out.  I've had many issues with meds plus way too many emotional issues to get into.  I was just wondering if anyone else does this, hopefully I'll explain it well.  Every day I think to myself that I will go to the hospital tommorrow, but when tommorrow comes I wake up and think the same thing, "I'll go tommorrow".  I mean I've been playing this game with myself for more than a couple months as I slip deeper and deeper into despair and various rages.  Also, by the way I have been inpatient many, many times before so it's not really a fear thing, I don't think.  And again, like I said, sorry if it's a little confusing.

I think procrastination or denial go hand-in-hand with many forms of mental illness, to be honest. I know when I'm very depressed I do this....which also stops me from getting meds/helps, and so the death spiral begins.

Have you considered trying to do something *today* that will get you into hospital tomorrow? For example, make arrangements for a friend to drive you.

Hang in there....but seriously, find a way to become IP :)

Have you considered trying to do something *today* that will get you into hospital tomorrow? For example, make arrangements for a friend to drive you.

^^I like this idea ... making arrangements for a friend to drive you.  That way you can't get out of it, and you'll go to the hospital.