CrazyBoards.org

I imagine that I'm not the only one that really struggles with this. How the hell does one go about making decisions? For reference on where I'm coming from my current process looks something like this:

• realise decision needs to be made
  • waffle and procrastinate
  • realise that time is coming up
  • panic
  • have meltdown
  • yell first thing that comes to mind: decision made

This not a very good way of being a responsible grown up (which I sort of aspire to most days). Tdoc's currently challenging me to choose between two things. My solution was to just say "there's no right answer" and leave it at that, but she wasn't having any of it. There has to be a better way, that doesn't involve panic and meltdowns and doesn't lead to frequent poor choices. But the only other thing that I can imagine doing is reading my cards and then writing an essay about it. And that doesn't seem like something that most people would do either.

How do you make decisions? Does your process look like mine? Is there a better way?

It's ok to make decisions the way that works for you. I don't think there is a "right" way or a more "grown up" way really.

If reading cards is meaningful to you and it gives you insight, then do it!  And writing an essay sounds like an awesome way to reflect. Sometimes I will write lists of pros and cons of decisions, but honestly, in the end it comes down to gut feeling. And that works.