CrazyBoards.org

Wellbutrin + Brintellix (plus a few others)

I've been in a BP II depressive episode for several months that got a little better with the addition of Abilify, but not much. It's taking everything I have to barely function, and if I wasn't lucky enough to be working from home I would have been fired by now, as getting up and getting dressed every day is beyond me.

I've been on 450 mg of Wellbutrin, and the pdoc just added in 10 mg of Brintellix, with a follow up appointment in 3 weeks, at which time we'll reduce the Wellbutrin by some amount. The pdoc also had me reduce my Abilify from 10 mg to 5 mg, starting now at the same time I started the Brintellix. 

Does anyone have any experience with the Wellbutrin + Brintellix combo?

I'm mostly concerned about those two together, as opposed to the rest of my cocktail, because they affect some of the same receptors, although Brintellix affects more receptors than Wellbutrin. I realize that the Wellbutrin will increase the effect of the Brintellix, but I'm still having lots of suicidal ideation, so it's a pretty desperate situation.

I'm also on 300 mg of Lamictal plus sleep meds.