CrazyBoards.org

Phamacy ran out of my meds and we all know what happened

Hey all, so I ran out of my medicine about 4 days ago and the pharmacy couldn't get any more until later today.  So there I am (a few hours ago) siting on my couch watching a towel that's laying on the living room floor morph and breath like it's alive. So I get tired of staring at it and decide to go to my room and vape (nicotine of course). While I was vaping I felt a complete mind change, it was like my body and mind went into hyper drive. And my perception took on a mystical state. I started remembering my old delusions, believing in them 100%, and they became so real to me all over again. Mind you, it's been about 6 months since I was psychotic last. I was like that for hours and then I forced myself to set down and watch dr who until it passed.  And although I'm not in the hyper aware state I was in, I'm still wrestling my thoughts.  So for any of you thinking about going off your meds, DONT DO IT!  Wishing good vibes for everyone on the boards tonight.

And oh yeah, I finaly got my meds.

• Like 1

Just a suggestion ... so you don't run out of meds ... maybe call the pharmacy in advance to let them know you will be calling in a few days for (whatever med AND amount needed), and just wanted to make sure they'll have it in stock next time you call in.  I do this for meds that they normally don't have a lot of in the pharmacy, and I am glad I do.  If I didn't do it I'd be without some meds for a few days too.

I've heard enough stories of people thinking they don't need medicine anymore after six months and deciding to go off it only to find out yup, they're still psychotic to not make that same mistake. It sucks though those times for refills, I've come close once or twice to missing a dose because of it. Problem is that my pharmacy have awkward times for repeat prescriptions and no one answers the phone.

My problem was that I usualy get free invega samples from my psych doctor.  Well that were supposed to get back to me Friday with the samples but they didn't.  So Monday I called them back and they sent my prescription to the pharmacy. Well the pharmacy had to order the presciption because they were out. And then insurance wouldn't cooperate and I had to pay full price for my invega yesterday.  It was just one big hassle. I just took my second dose and I seem to be doing fine now.  It's no wonder so many people aren't even on meds with how much they cost.