CrazyBoards.org

hey everyone.

i'm putting this under the antipsychotics category since those are the only meds i take and so they may or not be causing this, but feel free to move it to the appropriate category.

so i've been pretty proud of myself lately. i've been eating at home and exercising 30 mins 6 days a week. i'm noticing changes around my tummy area, where i was previously super bloated thanks to a high dose of seroquel. so thats good. 

however, i would like to continue this trend and lose more weight but i'm eating at least every 2 hours and i'm talking full meals each time. maybe 400-500 calories each time. i don't recall eating this much before i started taking meds, so i'm thinking maybe it has to do with that but i am considering that maybe it isn't that. i try (not very hard admittedly but i try) to restrain my desire to eat when it comes up but i find myself unable to focus when i don't eat and this is bad for me as i do a lot of studying. 

has anyone had this problem? any solutions?

How many hours are you awake? 400-500 calories every two hours can result in wildly different total calorie consumption amounts depending on how much you sleep.

thats true. ive been sleeping 9 hours these last few days, but ive been sleeping like 12 for like a month or so. my eating hasnt changed since sleeping less. still every 2 hours

How many hours are you awake? 400-500 calories every two hours can result in wildly different total calorie consumption amounts depending on how much you sleep.

thats true. ive been sleeping 9 hours these last few days, but ive been sleeping like 12 for like a month or so. my eating hasnt changed since sleeping less. still every 2 hours

your body is probably accustomed to the eating schedule you had when you were sleeping 12 hours a day. If in a few days you still need to eat ~450 kcal every two hours with 9 hours sleep, you'll probably start gaining weight. At that point you might get concerned. 

Edited by Flash

i try (not very hard admittedly but i try) to restrain my desire to eat when it comes up but i find myself unable to focus when i don't eat and this is bad for me as i do a lot of studying. 

I used to have these problems, and the only thing that has helped me was going on naltrexone.

i try (not very hard admittedly but i try) to restrain my desire to eat when it comes up but i find myself unable to focus when i don't eat and this is bad for me as i do a lot of studying. 

I used to have these problems, and the only thing that has helped me was going on naltrexone.

hey melissaw, thanks for the reply. does the naltrexone keep you full longer? how does it help you exactly?

hey melissaw, thanks for the reply. does the naltrexone keep you full longer? how does it help you exactly?

Naltrexone is usually used for people trying to quit alcohol or cigarettes, or some other addiction.  So for me I use it to stop overeating/eating addiction.  It helps me by not making me feel hungry all the time.  I will still feel hungry, but the binges are for the most part, gone.  I have slip-ups and eat more than I wanted to, but overall I don't do that anymore.

Naltrexone is usually used for people trying to quit alcohol or cigarettes, or some other addiction.  So for me I use it to stop overeating/eating addiction.  It helps me by not making me feel hungry all the time.  I will still feel hungry, but the binges are for the most part, gone.  I have slip-ups and eat more than I wanted to, but overall I don't do that anymore.

oh ok. thanks