CrazyBoards.org

Lexapro vs zoloft

Hi,

I am trying zoloft again but it is making me tired at 50mg - sort of tired, unmotivated.

I tried lexapro a few months ago and seemed OK on 10mg but probably needed more, however the shit head pdoc was going on vacation and actually told me to stop taking it.

So now I am trying to figure out what to try, this zoloft is OK but tiring now and I need a higher dose.

I am seeing an RN - advanced practioner - whatever that is.

But she seems to at least listen more then the pdoc's I have seen - they have sucked pretty much.

So I am thinking of asking to go back to lexapro but how is that different then zoloft for side effects and stuff when you get pup to 20 or more mg?

Hi,

I am trying zoloft again but it is making me tired at 50mg - sort of tired, unmotivated.

I tried lexapro a few months ago and seemed OK on 10mg but probably needed more, however the shit head pdoc was going on vacation and actually told me to stop taking it.

So now I am trying to figure out what to try, this zoloft is OK but tiring now and I need a higher dose.

I am seeing an RN - advanced practioner - whatever that is.

But she seems to at least listen more then the pdoc's I have seen - they have sucked pretty much.

So I am thinking of asking to go back to lexapro but how is that different then zoloft for side effects and stuff when you get pup to 20 or more mg?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

your mileage may vary.  both are SSRIs so in theory they have the same side effects, but generally lexapro is better tolerated.  but the real reason u feel so tired and unmotivated might be you are on too high of a dose of zoloft, and you might just need 25mg.

i think generally zoloft is much more powerful than lexapro, and when u get up to high doses (20 or more like you said), you'll have to deal with the similar side effects, but they wont be exactly the same as zoloft.

zoloft is actually the most selective SSRI, and the claim that lexapro is the most selective is kind of a half-truth involving the ratio of serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake, not all of what other receptors it hits.  its explained at www.preskorn.com

anyways, just thought ud like to know that 50mg of zoloft is probably equivalent to at least 20 or more mg of lexapro, and you might want to try the lower dose of zoloft first. 

i take 25mg zoloft, and its fine, except for the "ejaculatory delay" haha... i dont have any other side effects... but with lexapro you are more likely not to have that uhh.. particular side effect HEH  ;)

It is common for people to get a better effect from one ssri than other. 

eg paxil has worked much better for me than luvox.  It not unlikely to respond poorly to zoloft but well to lexapro.

All SSRIs do practically the same thing, but as the newest lexparo has the rep of having the best side effect profile.

Archived