CrazyBoards.org

So it's the 6 week holidays and I was having a pretty good time spending it with my girlfriend and loved ones. However it's currently 1:15am and I have just purged after weighing myself. I look in the mirror and all I see is a fat, ugly, slut! I hate her and I don't even know who she is anymore. Every night I have had alone when there's nobody with me I fall back into purging and not eating. I hate my weight. I used to be so thin but this recovery has made me fatter than ever and I just want to punch the walls and scream! I just need people to rant to who understand. I just want to be more open with Bulimia and talk to people who feel the same - I feel like ranting is a good option right now.

It's so hard, isn't it? It's really upsetting. It gets easier over time... eventually...

It's so hard, isn't it? It's really upsetting. It gets easier over time... eventually...

Yeah :/ every time I feel close to recovering it just happens again. I hope it will get easier since I have had the diagnosis of bulimia since I was 12 and I'm back where I started.

Do you have a care provider at all? Sometimes having them hold me/us to account can be helpful, here.

Do you have a care provider at all? Sometimes having them hold me/us to account can be helpful, here.

Yeah I have a lot of help and support from health care providers but regardless of the help I get it's a personal struggle and I feel like I need to be in the right mindset before I start recovery again. I am seeing my doctor in the next few days and after speaking to my mum about my relapse she is going to probably start monitoring what I eat and not let me go to the toilet straight after eating so I wont purge. They were really good last time, I had a timetable for what food I was eating and I was carefully monitored. Hopefully they can help me again :)

I hope so! I'm glad that you were able to get the support and care that you needed. And I hope that it's easier for you this time.

It's great you have support and good care providers.  I hope you can lean on them and work with them to get to a better place again.  Unfortunately, falling back into behaviors happens and is a frustrating part of the recovery process.

It's great you have support and good care providers.  I hope you can lean on them and work with them to get to a better place again.  Unfortunately, falling back into behaviors happens and is a frustrating part of the recovery process.

I'm getting a lot of help and support luckily - I'm just still looking for the right treatment though. And yes relapse drives me insane it just feels like all my hard work was for nothing :/ I guess you just have to keep trying though :')