CrazyBoards.org

yesterday i was given a diagnoses, the classic "anxiety, social anxiety, depression" i'm used to, but the psychiatrist also threw in "attachment dysphoria".

not knowing what this was, i googled it on the way home. i just got results about gender dysphoria, which in this case was pretty unrelated. 

he was mumbling when he talked, i thought maybe he said "attachment disorder"? after looking at this, yeah, those symptoms are pretty spot on, but it's generally caused by child abuse or neglect during development. i went through a period of neglect during infancy but not long or prominent enough to be behind anything (at least i think;;) and the shrink doesn't know about it.

so tldr; i have no idea what he meant, if anyone does please help me out !! thank you  

If he meant attachment disorder, I used to have reactive attachment disorder (as a kid). Then it was removed when I was a teen, because I was no longer of age, and the symptoms are now explained as part of my C-PTSD. 

If you are unsure, I would ask. No harm in asking about your diagnosis. 

I agree with HB and would ask your DR.  I would be confused also.

I googled both (attachment dysphoria and attachment disorder), and the 2 don't seem similar (please correct me if I am wrong).  So I would definitely ask.

From your post your Pdoc sounds new/newish? As your doctor gets to know you your DXs will evolve over time. In the meantime, don't be afraid to ask questions. You have every right to ask questions about your illness/es and participate in your treatments.

In the meantime, my own story with (Non Specific) Attachment Disorder...

I went inpatient as a teenager and that DX was on my discharge list. My experience inpatient was brief (a week), and of course in that amount of time the doctor was not able to get a complete understanding of me. So when I go out I asked my regular Pdoc about this DX; because like you I don't have a childhood history of abuse.

My Pdoc told me it was probably because of how I was socially (how I appeared). I was/am "detached" socially and I didn't/don't respond "normally" during conversations. My doctor knew me a hell of a lot better and knew I was somewhere on the Spectrum...but said that 'Attachment Disorder' is a much easier diagnosis to give than other diagnosis (because it isn't specific or something like that) - but yet enough of a diagnosis to show "there's something else here to look at" without actually looking at it or labeling it a specific disorder. Does that make sense? IDK if that has anything to do with you or with your doctor, but this was my experience.