CrazyBoards.org

Christmas sucks

hollow log

I've been up most of the night vomiting because I got a stomach bug off my parents, and now it's christmas day, and I'm at my parents.  They're cooking up about 4 different types of meat, and I'm vegan.  I just love the aroma of meat cooking, especially when my stomach is doing cartwheels.  So, bring on the relatives, so I can watch them eat various carcasses, and so I can listen to their banal dribble all day long.

Pardon my bile. (haha)

I've been up most of the night vomiting because I got a stomach bug off my parents, and now it's christmas day, and I'm at my parents.  They're cooking up about 4 different types of meat, and I'm vegan.  I just love the aroma of meat cooking, especially when my stomach is doing cartwheels.  So, bring on the relatives, so I can watch them eat various carcasses, and so I can listen to their banal dribble all day long.

Pardon my bile. (haha)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So the good news for you is, it'll all be over when most of our torture is just beginning.

Let the vomiting begin!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll dedicate my next vomit to you guys... I think I'm vomiting the spirit of christmas... there's some good in it after all.

hollow log:

So sorry to hear what you are going through. Bummer.

I've been a vegetarian (not vegan) for 37 years now. When I first stopped eating meat in my teens, one of the things my mom did at the holidays was to start making eggplant for me -- sometimes eggplant parmesan, other times fried eggplant. Been a tradition for me ever since. I admit, I don't make it from scratch -- I just buy a very good brand of frozen eggplant parmesan here in the U.S. called Michael Angelo's (as I remember, you're in Australia, right?). Either way, no help to you at the moment.

Again, so sorry to hear what you are going through. The smell of meat honestly doesn't bother me at all -- unless I am sick. Then it's just hell.

At least being sick, maybe you can opt out of the holiday table? Sounds like this might be the best thing all around. Don't want to spread the bug to the relatives, and you could be by yourself and not get sick watching and smelling (and listening). Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Take it easy. Hope you feel better soon!

Best,

revlow

Guest luli2545

Sorry you're sick...I just made some good artichoke tortellini (?) and tomato sauce dinner thing for dinner. Hard to cook meat stuff cause it smells up the place.

I'm semi resting on a comfy couch with my laptop and old doggy.

I'm supposed to wrap presents and I really don't want to.

Something I ate before dinner made my stomach hurt.

This post is just ...

It will be over soon, whatever it is supposed to be...xmas

I'll dedicate my next vomit to you guys... I think I'm vomiting the spirit of christmas... there's some good in it after all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are taking a hit for the team! One for the gipper!

Seriously, I hope you feel better soon. Being sick that way is not fun. Take good care of your cute self.

S

thank you guys... i feel better just reading your posts... ;) My mood is all over the place today, and it's showing..

...so I'm going to lay on the couch for the rest of the day watching trashy music videos and drinking lemonade. That's a good plan.

thank you guys... i feel better just reading your posts... ;) My mood is all over the place today, and it's showing..

...so I'm going to lay on the couch for the rest of the day watching trashy music videos and drinking lemonade. That's a good plan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, mate...

It's all over but the crying, here. No bloodshed. Miracle of miracles. Although the night is not over, and my Dad got a brand new knife set from Santa Fraud.

Are you feeling better? S

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, mate...

It's all over but the crying, here. No bloodshed. Miracle of miracles. Although the night is not over, and my Dad got a brand new knife set from Santa Fraud.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Crying?

Feeling much better thank you! Managed to go to work boxing day... still sticking to very plain food.  My housemate has been whipping up some fantastic vegan food for me that I can manage... and bless her she's a carnivore.  Puts my sister to shame, who on Christmas eve, dinner at her place with family, had not one dish that I could eat.  Go sistah!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, mate...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Crying?

Expression, tears were shed but not for my family. Fuck that, I've cried my river over them.

Feeling much better thank you! Managed to go to work boxing day... still sticking to very plain food.

Archived