CrazyBoards.org

so I'm a binge drinker, and I can binge for up to a week. How long have I got to live?

Ok lets be serious, I normally just drink weekends, but the after effects are bad.

so I'm a binge drinker, and I can binge for up to a week. How long have I got to live?

Ok lets be serious, I normally just drink weekends, but the after effects are bad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well if it sucks that bad, just dont drink. ;)   why punish yourself with these after effects? 

i know it can be a lot of fun but drugs/alcohol are just inanimate objects and the decision to use them irresponsibly (which some people mistakenly call alcoholism/addiction, in my opinion) is a personal choice that is under your control.  if you've got some kind of MI, then its really not a good choice in most circumstances.

for me, i can do some drugs (pot) without any concept of moderation and be fine, but i still choose not to do them on a regular basis. 

Ouch - alcohol is the closest that I get to self-medicating but somewhere, I did begin to moderate just because the after effects were so bad.  Now, I'm more of a steady drinker sometimes, than binging. 

Wish I could tell you how I got to this point but I really don't understand it because I never felt that drinking was bad...just bad if I drank too much to function normally the next day.

There's a whole lot of crap that happens besides dying. For example, I had a friend who needed a hip replacement -- at age 26 -- as a result of his heavy drinking. Turns out the hip joint is one of the more vunerable to the effects of alcohol (and drugs) on the circulation system. Not enough blood flow = dying hip joint.

Now if it were just the replacement, that would be one thing. But the average life of an artificial hip joint is, what...10-15 years maybe? One thing if you are say 75 years old; might last the rest of your life. At 26, that means a heck of a lot of hip replacements ahead.

And that's just how alcohol can effect one area of the body. You do the math...

There's a whole lot of crap that happens besides dying. For example, I had a friend who needed a hip replacement -- at age 26 -- as a result of his heavy drinking. Turns out the hip joint is one of the more vunerable to the effects of alcohol (and drugs) on the circulation system. Not enough blood flow = dying hip joint.

Now if it were just the replacement, that would be one thing. But the average life of an artificial hip joint is, what...10-15 years maybe? One thing if you are say 75 years old; might last the rest of your life. At 26, that means a heck of a lot of hip replacements ahead.

And that's just how alcohol can effect one area of the body. You do the math...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

a family friend just recently died from years of binge drinking.  out of nowhere, both of her kidneys and her liver started to fail and she slipped into acoma.  she never woke up before her body finally shut down.... I dont even think she was yet 40 yrs old....

Archived