CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sras

Struggling with ups and downs

Yesterday was a really good day. So good I almost posted about how I felt like myself again for the first time in a very long time. Then this morning I crashed. My brain feels fuzzy and I'm having trouble talking to people. Smiling seems like an alien concept and my body feels wrecked. I don't know what happened. I was doing well for all of a day and now I'm right back to where I started. Worse? 

I know I didn't get much deep sleep last night (I have a sleep tracker) so maybe I'm not repairing overnight but there was nothing setting me off last night. Nothing happened. I don't know how to handle it. It's like a little piece of sunshine dnagled in front of me before the curtains are closed. How do you stay up? Why was my up so short? I normally cycle a bit but not so sudden and at opposite ends of my spectrum. This was happy to barely functional. 

Do you think something was setting you off subconsciously? 

Personally I know sleep for me could change my mood from A-Z overnight ... if I didn't get enough of it.  At first I am fine with less sleep, but then a day later I crash.  Also, my mood can change because it feels like it, where I have no control over it.  I could fall asleep feeling ok, but wake up in the worst mood.  So every time I fall asleep Idk what mood I'll wake up in.

I hope you can get back to a better days.

Yeah I think it was the sleep. I slept for 8 hours but it was all very light. 

I do need to have a difficult conversation with someone so that might have been bothering me. idk.

Nice to know I'm not the only one waking up in random moods but it's frustrating.

You're right, it is very frustrating.  Makes it hard to commit to anything because you don't know what mood you'll be in at that time.

Outside things, like needing to have a hard conversation, that I have been putting off for a long time start to seep into my moods and disrupt everything. Even meds can't fully assuage a distressed mind state when something in the outside world just needs to be done, and hasn't been addressed properly for a long time. 

I often wake up to an anxiety stricken mood, which quickly spirals to depression. I have alot of bad dreams  and they effect us. Wether we remember it or not we are living out scenarios in our dreams each night.

I had my quickest snap recently too. I went from totally obsessive and deeply depressed for 2 weeks, to suddenly fine the past 3 days. I can't explain it either. It's usually gradual up and down. Hope you feel better again soon!