CrazyBoards.org

can you call your doc in NC and explain the sit.  ask him/her to call in just one week's worth of topomax?

hypotheticaly he/she could say no, but it's worth a try... and a much much better idea than going off of topamax, even if you are just cutting your dose in half.  ACs are meds best not messed with on your own. 

i've had docs call in 1 week supplies even when i haven't seen them in a while under simmilar situations (i have a new doc, but i can't get in for a week, etc.)

best of luck

penny

The pdoc I was seeing in NC was part of the county clinic... *all* of the pdocs I saw there were one-time-deals.  Can you believe that?  I saw three in the time I was there, and all three said, "You're only going to see me this one time because I'll be transferring out to another clinic." or something to that nature.  Talk about the rotten luck.

I tried to get ahold of the pdoc I had here originally because he's a dream come true (pdoc wise) and I *know* that he would help me out.  But, he's part of the city clinics, and they won't even put me through to him.

The only thing I can think to do is cut the dose in half and hope for the best.  Topamax is the best thing that's happened to me, but I know the side effects can be havoc on the wrong dose.  I took 50mg before with few side effects, so I'm hoping that it won't do me too much harm.

One idea is to call the pharmacist and ask them what to do, as this is something they have to deal with alot. Do you have a previous general doctor? (Sorry if youve already answered that)...you could also go to the ER, as my doctor told me to do...she was going to admitt me because I was having problems with my insurance co. and I couldnt get my meds...and until I could get them (my meds cost way more than I make in a month on disability) she was going to admitt me and medicate me until the insurance came thru...luckily it never came to that.But you could explain this to an ER doc, as messing with AC's, or going off, cutting down on them, could be a seizure threat or even deadly. There are even walk in clinics...

Archived