CrazyBoards.org

Paris, again

Paris. Attacks coordinated in 3 different places, including at a concert where they took the audience as hostages. 118 victims (and idk how many wounded). 3 (or 5) of the attackers have been killed by the police. We don't know who or why it was organized. 

France closed its borders, and is in a state of national emergency.

It's awful, over a hundred people dead, I think I overheard the CNN reporter saying that there were 6 places in Paris that had shootings or explosions. They aren't sure if the attack is over either. Horrible. I don't know why these kind of things keep happening. :(

oh, my daughter has a friend in paris. She said, "It was under my home. I am very scared."
France has declared a state of emergency. No one is allowed to leave their home.

this must have been planned for months. 

On 11/13/2015, 4:42:02, water said:

This is horrifying. I cannot bare to listen to the news or read the web.

Can someone succinctly explain what happened and what is happening right now?

Well, it started with 19th century European colonialism.  It really got rolling when Kissinger thought bankrolling radical wahhabists to fight communism in the middle east would be a good idea.  What would happen when the iron curtain fell and the radicals were left with lots of guns, political power and nobody to stop them from seizing power was a problem left for future leaders to deal with.  We are now dealing with it.  

Advancing to the modern day, ISIL is a heavily armed end times cult trying to bring about the end of the world and we've been giving them guns and money for 30 years.  We really need to stop doing that.

8 hours ago, Velvet Elvis said:

Well, it started with 19th century European colonialism.  It really got rolling when Kissinger thought bankrolling radical wahhabists to fight communism in the middle east would be a good idea.  What would happen when the iron curtain fell and the radicals were left with lots of guns, political power and nobody to stop them from seizing power was a problem left for future leaders to deal with.  We are now dealing with it.  

Advancing to the modern day, ISIL is a heavily armed end times cult trying to bring about the end of the world and we've been giving them guns and money for 30 years.  We really need to stop doing that.

I actually meant the attacks in Paris. But if you want to go farther back, I blame Dubbya Bush. He invaded Iraq, took out Saddam Hussein and the region became unstable. He unleashed terrorism on the world and the world will never be the same. 

My heart goes out to everyone in france, everyone who lost a loved one, everyone who is bleeding tears and hope. This fight is coming here one day. I have no illusions about that. 

10 hours ago, water said:

I actually meant the attacks in Paris. But if you want to go farther back, I blame Dubbya Bush. He invaded Iraq, took out Saddam Hussein and the region became unstable. He unleashed terrorism on the world and the world will never be the same. 

My heart goes out to everyone in france, everyone who lost a loved one, everyone who is bleeding tears and hope. This fight is coming here one day. I have no illusions about that. 

The Middle East has been unstable and war-ravaged at least since Biblical times. None of this is anything new. And if you want to go further back, you might want to revisit what happened under Jimmy Carter. The Shah got kicked out of Iran, his followers took 52 Americans hostage and held them for 444 days while everyone waited for Carter to do something.

The problem is not Republicans or Democrats. The problem is inherent in that area and will never go away. IMO, the best thing we could do is utilize our resources and become energy self-sufficient, lock the Middle East, throw away the key, and let them beat each other into a pulp while we do something positive for our own country.

Edited by wnek2

This is the article I was refering to in the Drums of War Thread, which not only mentions the nationalities of the identified attackers (EU citizens) comments on  another UK newspapers findings on the security of the Schengen border (EU plus EEA and Switzerland, minus UK, Ireland, Cyprus, Romania, Bulgaria and Croatia) under normal circumstances as it is under the control of individual countries and not a collective responsiblity just yet. 

Also France have activated Article 42.7 of the Lisbon Treaty rather than NATO Article 5. 

• 4 months later...