CrazyBoards.org

Yes, I have.  It does have a long half life like jt said, so if you were to feel any changes, they might not show up at first.  I didn't have a problem with abilify, going up or down in dose over the years, but sometimes I could feel a difference after a few days, and would have to go back up or down (depending on how if the dose had been increased or decreased).  Have you been on it for a long time?

FWIW ... ie, I know prozac isn't an antipsychotic, but to put in reference of also having a long half life, I weaned down off of prozac and was fine for about 2 weeks.  After that I started to feel withdrawal effects.  If I had only been on the prozac for a small amount of time, I probably wouldn't feel any withdrawal.  But because I've been on it for 23 years, it will take awhile to get out of my system, at least according to my pdoc. 

8 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

Yes, I have.  It does have a long half life like jt said, so if you were to feel any changes, they might not show up at first.  I didn't have a problem with abilify, going up or down in dose over the years, but sometimes I could feel a difference after a few days, and would have to go back up or down (depending on how if the dose had been increased or decreased).  Have you been on it for a long time?

FWIW ... ie, I know prozac isn't an antipsychotic, but to put in reference of also having a long half life, I weaned down off of prozac and was fine for about 2 weeks.  After that I started to feel withdrawal effects.  If I had only been on the prozac for a small amount of time, I probably wouldn't feel any withdrawal.  But because I've been on it for 23 years, it will take awhile to get out of my system, at least according to my pdoc. 

Thanks for your reply,I've been on abilify 30mg for about 1 year and a half.

• 2 weeks later...