CrazyBoards.org

So I'm not sure if lack of concentration is just a symptom of my bipolar II, but I started on lamictal a few month ago (on 100mg now), and it has gotten bad again. I used to be on 600mg Tegretol but that fucked up my concentration and memory, and wasn't even helping with the depression (my main issue), so I stopped taking it completely. After getting over withdrawl symptoms, concentration sky rocketed; was actually able to concentrate long enough on studying to get an A in a class (first time since bp came out full blown for me). But then the depression (and hypomania) kicked in at full force after 1.5 months, so I had to start on Lamictal.

Anyone has in sight on whether that's bec of Lamictal or just a general symptom and what can be done about it? Senior year in college, need to finish off strong. 

Edited by BeyondAmbivalent

I take generic Lamictal (lamotrigine) and it never really affected my concentration. That sounds more like symptoms to me. The worst I get from Lamictal is a problem with word finding sometimes, but that has largely gone away for me.

Lamictal never affected my concentration either.  I've been on it for years, and when I first started on it my memory and concentration stayed the same (no problem with it).  My memory and concentration are shit right now, but I owe that to multiple meds being taken, not the lamictal alone.

I had some word-finding difficulty, and maybe a little memory loss while I was still titrating up (which it looks as if you are doing). Once I hit a therapeutic level, all the side effects I had, which were many and annoying, went away. I do have some word-finding issues now, but that is more likely to be from migraines (I'm on disability for migraine).