CrazyBoards.org

The drums of war are beating

Many of you know that I am retired military . Since the devastating attacks on Paris , those of us who have served are seeing the pattern start again. This time it is complicated by the upcoming presidential election . My phone is ringing off the hook from soldiers and their families who also see this pattern happen again. This time it's people like Lindsey Graham grabbing the war drum and then our President is saying oh no I'm not that kind of guy

I support the French people and I am devastated by their losses

with that being said , it's all going to be justification to go back into that hell hole in  Syria or afghan  or Iraq or hey maybe this time we can get IRAN too

on HBO Oliver North has an amazing documentary aboutpast events and predictions for the future and the scary part is how true it is

I worry about our men and women in the military. They will go serve and they may die in large numbers . It may be a volunteer service member but they aren't the ones sitting in the chair of the president or a seat in Congress 

my prediction is we will be sending troops soon and that's sad and scary ..... Once again we wrap ourselves in a flag and sell war as a patriotic duty and selling freedom when in reality we are making the defense companies very rich as well as Many others...... When will the U.S. learn?

• Like 1

I have no military knowledge or experience, and am not American, but... I am French, and I am quite scared that this is what will happen, because I don't really feel it would help France, or the US, or anyone. Anyway. I have nothing useful to say beside "I have the same feeling, even if I have less evidence, and I don't really like it". 

I wonder if this is exactly what ISIS wants... If more soldiers enter Islamic countries, that will probably fuel the war machine on their end too, rallying more to their cause.

Do people actually believe escalating conflict is the best way to solve conflict? Sigh.

I have always been a pacifist but I am not in this case. There is no solution to this conflict other than to wipe out the bad guys. They are not interested in negotiating and they are really the first enemy we have faced that hates each and every one of us for merely existing. This is not a mere political difference; they hate us for who we are and they have no respect for human life and don't mind killing innocents. They don't even mind killing themselves. You cannot negotiate with radical religious extremists who believe that God is on their side no matter how murderous they are.

• Like 3

It seems to me the US really needs to start cutting back on involving itself in armed conflicts. I mean it's hugely in debt and there are other superpowers out there who are doing much better financially and who also have powerful militaries. What irritates me is that when the US steps back from a tense situation the world complains bitterly that they need to do something about it, like it's an obligation. However, when the US does act and enters into a conflict everyone around the world starts bitching about how it needs to stop butting in everywhere and its effectively making things much worse (which I agree with but I also think people outside America need to make up their minds one way or the other). I get so frustrated with this as an American living in a foreign country, I keep thinking damned if you do damned if you don't.

I honestly believe they are making this out to be a religious war more then ever.

They say things like Muslims are evil, and they want death to us.

We have many allies in the region who want their nation back, and there are many in that region fighting ISIS right now in hopes they can get peace. There are more than 1 group over there not named ISIS trying to defeat ISIS who are all primarily Islamic people.

27 minutes ago, Dzo said:

I honestly believe they are making this out to be a religious war more then ever.

They say things like Muslims are evil, and they want death to us.

We have many allies in the region who want their nation back, and there are many in that region fighting ISIS right now in hopes they can get peace. There are more than 1 group over there not named ISIS trying to defeat ISIS who are all primarily Islamic people.

According to nbcnews.com those other groups are not being very succesful. Isis is now in Yemen and plan on taking Bangladesh next. We know that ISIL operatives are in Egypt. Like it or not this is Word War III.

Personally I feel bad for the people getting out of the middle east.  At least some of them are leaving to escape being butchered or stuck in the weird society where Women can't go to school, drive or uncover their face (or anything else)  And I love this concept where if you accuse someone of a Religion Crime the person you accuse gets stoned to death.  This murder spree is France is the saddest thing in a long time.  Blowing up random groups of people.  Executing people one after the other.  Hopefully they try this in the US Southern states and find the group of people they think they are going to shoot all fire back at them.

I just heard a lady comment that not all Muslims are intent on ending western civilization but most Germans were peaceful and Germany slaughtered a total of 60 million.  China and Russia did similar number and Pol Pot and so on.  Even if peaceful Germans, Japanese, Chinese or Russians didn't go along they could protest at risk to their life.  Imagine someone in the middle east saying something against these goons?  Brutal 14th Century mentality killers...

The most chilling thing I heard was that if 10% of the Muslims are intent on killing all non Muslims / Muslims in the tribe they belong to you have what?  200 Million?  Thats a lot of people killing people.

Has anyone paid attention to these pickup trucks the Isil (Isis, dash whatever the hell they call themselves this week)   drive around in?  A bunch of them had logos from American companies from Texas etc.  Whats up with that?

8 hours ago, tooladdict said:

I think before jan 2nd we will see a similar attack on US soil then there will be boots on the ground in syria and iraq. What I don't understand is why isis is antagonizing us into this.

8 of the 9 Paris attackers (including the Mastermind) have been confirmed to be either French or Belgian. Only the terrorist with the fake Syrian Passport still to be identified (and it would not suprise me if he was French/Belgian) 

Also a lot is being made on EU countries NOT checking EU citizens against the EU terrorist watchlist. The UK does everytime, but I have travelled into the Schengen Zone with them just making sure it is me who is travelling. 

I'm worried about more ISIS people crossing our borders (who have or have not yet) and forming cells of their own over the US.  At least that was what the news said.  They said that the CIA/FBI/whomever ... are watching different "cells" across the US that could be a potential threat to the US in time.

9 hours ago, tooladdict said:

I think before jan 2nd we will see a similar attack on US soil then there will be boots on the ground in syria and iraq. What I don't understand is why isis is antagonizing us into this.

^^In bold ... I don't even think they know why they are antagonizing us, as well as other countries.  All they seem to want to do is kill people for no reason.

17 hours ago, jt07 said:

According to nbcnews.com those other groups are not being very succesful. Isis is now in Yemen and plan on taking Bangladesh next. We know that ISIL operatives are in Egypt. Like it or not this is Word War III.

I tend to be anti-militarism but we've been watching Band of Brothers (WWII) and the episode where they find the concentration camp really struck home.  Sometimes stronger powers have to help out the vulnerable.  

That said, US foreign policy created ISIS.  I think a smarter approach needs to be taken, but what that is?  I don't have the answers.

I keep hearing the same phrase over and over in my head: "Awaking the Sleeping Giant." I keep thinking about WWI and II where we were dozing off while the rest of the world was getting crushed, in our cocoon between the oceans. Only when it all came to our doorsteps did we shake the dust off, get up, and do what had to be done.

I don't want to think about this war. I don't want to think about young, brave people from all over the world being killed. But even less do I want to think that terrorists should be able to overrun the world while we sat on our butts and did nothing.

Time to wake up. You can't bring flowers to a gunfight. This is going to happen whether we want it to or not. Appeasement doesn't work; we've seen that happen twice;* it's not a choice anymore, it's a mandate. It doesn't matter anymore who started it, it's time to finish it.

*The French have seen it three times--it didn't work out too well for Louis XVI either.

Edited by wnek2
added footnote

Maybe we do need team america after all...

I despise the air strikes though. It's very cowardly of nations to just bomb syria. Why do you think Greece and France is overpopulated by migrants? Because the migrants don't want to live in a place where a bomb goes off every 5 minutes. 

If people want to defeat ISIL, they need to send troops, its the right thing to do in order to avoid civilian casualties. If you going to take a life, you might as well look that life straight in the eye. Its the right thing to do. You should carry that for the rest of your life...and by bombing the place you will never do.

All life is precious, however nasty it may be...and takin it away with the press of a button hundred miles away is wrong.