CrazyBoards.org

Damn newspaper

Rabbit37

It's bad enough that they only deliver three days a week, and that the carrier enjoys throwing it under the thorny rose bushes, but damn it, 4 times today I've called, there's no Sunday paper yet. On the fourth try, oh gee, they're closed for the day. I pay a premium price to get it delivered to my home. I wrote two emails to two different "head of circulation" people, both saying that I want my subscription cancelled. I am SO pissed. 

Really, is it too much to ask to want a paper to read on a Sunday morning???

We no longer get Sunday (or any day) delivery here like we did a few years ago. I think maybe if you live closer to the city limits that you might get delivery, but I'm not even sure of that. Moreover, our newspaper is just a ghost of what it once was. The era of newspapers is quickly becoming a relic of the past. Welcome to the internet age.

I'm on the east coast, so yeah almost 2pm, still no paper! Sorry, I'm old fashioned, yes, I could go to their e-site ( and many others), but that's just not the same.  I like the crinkle and spread of the paper, I like the way it's organized (tho not lately) and :blush: I like the comics. I like the shit-tons of circulars. 

And yeah, jt, it's only a shadow of its former past. 

God, growing old sucks. 

I found going on-line was easier.  I didn't have papers delivered, but went out for the Sunday paper every week.  The only thing I ended up liking were the coupons.  Just about everything else in the paper that was written about I could see on the news.  So it became kind of useless.