CrazyBoards.org

Mania Madness

I have been taking 60mgs of cymbalta and 200mgs of Lamictal.. I have successfully, after many years of trying, stablized the manic depression. My modes are great and I have been able to socialize to the point that people are wondering if I am OK...  Now I have this under control I am trying to work on the Manic episodes.. They have slowed down but they occassionally pop up in a rapid pace or sometimes last for a few days..My sleep has been full of insomnia and lunesta or any other sleep drug only keeps me asleep for about two hours. The sleep is not restful and my mind is full of brain noise...

My questions are this... Once titrated up to the dosage of Lamictal can one back off to say 150 and then the next day go back to 200?? Sometimes I feel that 200 is good for a day but not everyday.. Next question,,, What drugs are for mania or hypermania only??? My Pdoc gives me 1mgs of Klonopin twice a day but I only use it as needed.. Benzo's mask the problem and sometimes long term use helps to fall back into a small state of depression... They also make me irritable when I stop taking them.. I feel like I am almost there as far as getting well but this second half of bipolar is something I never tried to tackle.. I really never minded being so hyped up or flying high, but not sleeping puts me into weird states of mind...

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.... ;)

I have been taking 60mgs of cymbalta and 200mgs of Lamictal.. I have successfully, after many years of trying, stablized the manic depression. My modes are great and I have been able to socialize to the point that people are wondering if I am OK...

Archived