CrazyBoards.org

Is this akathisia ?

Hello

I take Abilify 30mg and Haldol 5mg, I feel like huge pain inside my body, I can't sit down and watch tv I just keep moving in the house but when I get out for a walk I forget that pain,the only thing that makes me feel calm at home is listening to music, I keep listening to music probably all day long (12-14 hours a day) I talked to my pdoc about this and told him that i have pain inside my body but he didn't get it! so is this a side effect from medications ? is this akathisia ? I really wanna know because I can't take it anymore.

It is possible that it is akathisia. You are certainly taking meds that can cause it. The problem is that you describe it with the word "pain" which is a very strange word to use when describing akathisia. It's hell on Earth for people who suffer from it, but you are the first one who I've seen use the word pain.

33 minutes ago, jt07 said:

It is possible that it is akathisia. You are certainly taking meds that can cause it. The problem is that you describe it with the word "pain" which is a very strange word to use when describing akathisia. It's hell on Earth for people who suffer from it, but you are the first one who I've seen use the word pain.

I used the word "pain" because honestly I don't know exactly how to describe it!!!

I finally figured out why I was pacing, rocking, crossing and recrossing my legs and generally not able to keep still. Akathesia! I take Abilify 15mg every day. I am reconsidering taking so much but it has helped me a lot with bi-polar disorder. I also read about taking Benadryl for the akathesia so I started taking that during the day instead of just at night. it seems to be helping some. I'm going to tell my doctor but I don't want her to take me off of it because my drug cocktail keeps me really stable in mood and behavior. At least I don't gain weight since I'm constantly moving! Thanks for listening.