CrazyBoards.org

Does anyone else feel like this? I'm on Geodon and when I'm depressed it's like my brain just stops working. I don't feel anything I'm just numb. I can't do anything. I can hardly drive. I don't even call it depression just non-functioning. I tried going off the meds and the depression manifested as a physical pain and I would be on the verge of crying. This latest episode just kinda snuck up on me. I don't do anything and I have no friends, just my parents. I was more functional without the medication. My pdoc didn't do anything just suggested I join a bowling league. I'm not suicidal but I have no reason to live. 

I was like that with various meds.  Depakote was the worst. I currently take Clozapine, and it does that too, so I only take a small amount during the day

I have more of a problem with mania than depression, so some of my pdocs feel like their work is done when the stop my mania, but I couldn't live like that.

Yeah, I am like that ... without meds. Just don't function and vegitate. Fortunately, Abilify has given me an interest in life back and I'm functioning though I'm still far from what I consider a normal person to be functioning at. But I'm thankful for what I have because it was horrible for a while.

I'm sorry; I don't really have any advice. Perhaps talk to your doctor about changing meds or doses if you think the meds are causing it? I had to laugh about joining a bowling league. Ha, how did your doctor think that one up? It's actually not a bad idea ... just seems out of the blue.

I've been on Luvox, zoloft and risperdal. They caused weight gain and mania. I like the geodon because it's weight neutral. I tried Lithium but it didn't do anything but cause dry mouth. I live in a small town and there's not a lot of resources. I was volunteering at a cat shelter but I got burnt out. Before this latest episode I spent several weeks just not wanting to do anything. Boredom and tedium. I realized I had no reason to get out of bed and then all of a sudden I was depressed.