Jump to content

Can I ask my pdoc to change Lithium for an Anticonvulsant?

Recommended Posts

Hey I was reading sometimes Anticonvulsants are used to treat bipolar disorder as off-label.

I can't tolerate Lithium weight gain and excessive thirst and urination all day long.


Is it possible he may discontinue my Lithium and put me on an anticonvulsant like Topamax, Zonegran, etc?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...