CrazyBoards.org

I really wish I'd go to sleep

Man, I have gotten compulsive.  I've been intending to get off the computer for two hours.  I just keep signing off and then signing back on.  Geez Louise.  Life without sleep meds shows me how OC I am!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Libby, often I am doing the same thing day AND night. I hardly ever sign on anonymously. PM me, we can chat, or something...I feel bad for not seeing you when I had the chance. I just moved my depression from my mom's couch to my brother's and didn't see anyone. *sigh*

I was also very bummed at what Austin has become. I had some mixed flashbacks too, of my 15 years there. Antone's being downtown just seems wrong. I didn't even go to Oat Willies. You KNOW it's bad when I don't go to Oats.

Love,

Suze

Man, I have gotten compulsive.  I've been intending to get off the computer for two hours.  I just keep signing off and then signing back on.  Geez Louise.  Life without sleep meds shows me how OC I am!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Libby, often I am doing the same thing day AND night. I hardly ever sign on anonymously. PM me, we can chat, or something...I feel bad for not seeing you when I had the chance. I just moved my depression from my mom's couch to my brother's and didn't see anyone. *sigh*

I was also very bummed at what Austin has become. I had some mixed flashbacks too, of my 15 years there. Antone's being downtown just seems wrong. I didn't even go to Oat Willies. You KNOW it's bad when I don't go to Oats.

Love,

Suze

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's OK about not getting together.  I was not in good shape myself.  Austin has really  friggin' changed, hasn't it?  I swear, a lot of my depression is based on that.  I should have gotten out of here the minute the SOS ordinance was screwed by Jim Bob Moffett.  The rivers, lakes, and springs used to be clear and clean and cold.  The fact that they're polluted now, and visibility out at Lake Travis has gone from 300 feet to 10 ft is utterly appalling.  Don't get me started.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Love,

Suze

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do sign on anonymously, so if you see me posting, I'm here!

That's OK about not getting together.  I was not in good shape myself.  Austin has really  friggin' changed, hasn't it?  I swear, a lot of my depression is based on that.  I should have gotten out of here the minute the SOS ordinance was screwed by Jim Bob Moffett.  The rivers, lakes, and springs used to be clear and clean and cold.  The fact that they're polluted now, and visibility out at Lake Travis has gone from 300 feet to 10 ft is utterly appalling.  Don't get me started.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did make it to Book People, first I couldn't believe they were downtown, which in and of itself is okay. I used to go to that place to buy crystal mobiles when they first opened up, before Barton Creek Mall.

What appalled me more were all the Starbucks. I'm sorry, I like a good cup of joe like anyone else, but Ruta Maya was just fine. And then to learn that they moved because of harrassment by homeless people??? Move??? Come on, there has to be a better solution.

I took Evan out to the Oasis, we took the new 183 hwy bypass which wasn't finished the last time I was there. Have to admit, I did like that.

But all in all, I have no desire to live there again.

I guess we should take our Austin discussion to PM, I'll catch up with you later, but know this: I feel your pain.

One more story though, before I left in '94, I stopped in Toy Joy (gone) and Ann Richards was in line right behind me. That was kinda cool. Oat Willies, Toy Joy, Celebration...used to be my shopping spree up the drag.

Ah, the good ole days.

I gotta tell you though, as much as Austin sucks compared to how it used to be, where I live now sucks more. If that gives you any consolation at all.  ;)

Hugs,

Suze

One more story though, before I left in '94, I stopped in Toy Joy (gone) and Ann Richards was in line right behind me. That was kinda cool. Oat Willies, Toy Joy, Celebration...used to be my shopping spree up the drag.
I've seen Ann Richards out shopping with some regularity.  Gotta love Ann.  I think she could have been President, but that damn Maddox guy just beat her down with allegations of her past drug abuse.  Bastard. Can you imagine?  If ONLY Ann Richards had won two terms as gov, we might not have the Chimp in Charge in the White House.

I also met Barbara Jordan in the lobby of the Paramount Theater once.  I was thrilled.

I think Toy Joy is now at Guadalupe and 29th. 

I've seen Ann Richards out shopping with some regularity.  Gotta love Ann.  I think she could have been President, but that damn Maddox guy just beat her down with allegations of her past drug abuse.  Bastard. Can you imagine?  If ONLY Ann Richards had won two terms as gov, we might not have the Chimp in Charge in the White House.

I also met Barbara Jordan in the lobby of the Paramount Theater once.  I was thrilled.

I think Toy Joy is now at Guadalupe and 29th.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I agree about Ann. And what a do, huh? That hair was unreal. Jim Maddox has always been a slime ball. He'll answer for his sliminess.

I had the privilege of hearing Barbara Jordan give a lecture at UT, she was an amazing woman, what a voice, what a message. It's so cool they named the new airport after her.

Toy Joy has always been at 29th and Guadalupe, my brother misinformed me. I'm going to have to abuse him severely.

Jim Maddox always gave me the willies. When I left Texas, things were still kinda cool...but I didn't want my now senior going to public school in Texas.

His dad still lives there, he just got back from a visit. He may go to UT. I might get to meet you yet!

I had the privilege of hearing Barbara Jordan give a lecture at UT, she was an amazing woman, what a voice, what a message. It's so cool they named the new airport after her.
Were you in the LBJ school? 

And, you've hit upon another of my pet peeves.  The new airport is NOT named after Barbara Jordan, and it burns me up!  It is named after Captain Bergstrom, some white dude, whoever he was.  It's called the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.  It just infuriates me!  There is, however, the "Barbara Jordan Terminal."  Puh-leeze.  No one ever mentions a damned name of a terminal.  They should have switched the names.

And, get this, 26th street (north side of UT campus) was re-named after some other white dude.  I can't even remember his name.  THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN NAMED "BARBARA JORDAN BOULEVARD!"  Oh, I remembered the white dude's name.  Dean Keeton, whoever he was.  If these white dudes are so great, then why aren't they common knowledge in American History?  Argh!

Oh, wait.  They had money, while Barbara Jordan came from the projects.  And those rich white dudes were almost certainly Republicans, while Barbara Jordan was the voice of integrity and compassion and a proud Democrat!

I went to visit my family in Texas about 5 years ago and stood on the grassy knoll.

My mom was in Dallas the September before JFK was assassinated.  She was with a group that met Jack Ruby at his nightclub.

I know this has nothing to do with Austin; my nephew graduated from college there but he never really spoke of the town.  I just wanted to join in. ;)

kane

Lib!

Go to bed! Turn off the computer, grab the doggie, and go to bed! No more refreshing the CB page; no one's added anything in the 5 minutes since you last checked. Go on, back away from Mr. Computer.

You need sleep. Remember all them thar growth hormones kick in while you're sleeping. Go on, go on, the meds'll work better if you let your body rest.

Good night!

I drank a Coke at 6pm... not smart.  Took Cymbalta around 3pm.  Maybe if I'd go lie flat in the BED, I'd get sleepy.

It's pretty amazing that I am sleeping without sleep meds.  I just have to stay up late enough to get sleepy.

Archived