CrazyBoards.org

Ok I been on Lamotrigine for a few month and just this month went from 100mg  day to 200mg a day. I noticed a change in my last cycle but only by 3 days so instead of 28 days it came on the 30th. That was the only time it has changed on the medicine other then that since march I have been 10% every 28 days but now I don't know if I missed my mark or just irregular?

I haven't really been active with my hubbie ONE night out of this year since our last child. So I think the odds of pregnancy are VERY low however I am buying  test to be sure.

If I am still a 28 day cycle I am only 4 days off counting today if I am now a 30 day cycle I am only 2 days off counting today. My question isn't if I am pregnant or not as thats impossible for anyone to answer.  My question is...

If I turn out to get a negative test like I expect When do I go to the doctor about these irregularities or changes? Like I tried to read about it some people say it can happen and is normal oter sites mark it as a serious side effect.

Like Is it a urgent thing to get checked if I get the negative like I think I will? As in do I need the ER?

Or I it something I can wait  (my P Doc has a 4 week wait list) to see her about? Even if It doesn't show up at all and is negative?

Other then that besides what I usually have except sometimes my nausea feels worse BUT that's not uncommon for me I just feel really OD a lot or DR and very bad vertigo like the whole bathroom was morphing around the other day I needed help, and the outside and people look fake and I feel like I'm hung over nd a little drunk.

So basically until I take the test later today/tomorrow lets pretended it's negative and doesn't not show. Should I rush off to the ER  or wait 4 weeks to see my P Doc (cant just go to OBGYN without referral from P Doc) Is it uncommon but safe or urgent like some site's say? I'm so confused it's got me freaking out thinking I'm bleeding out somewhere else in my body! (I know silly lol)

see my P Doc (cant just go to OBGYN without referral from P Doc)

You can't get to your OBGYN unless you have a referall from your psychiatrist?  I'd never heard that before.  Usually primary/family DRs do the referrals.

If you are not seeing your pdoc for a month, could you call pdoc now and ask to be put on a cancellation list?  Or leave a message for your pdoc to call-back?

Edited by melissaw72

3 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

You can't get to your OBGYN unless you have a referall from your psychiatrist?  I'd never heard that before.  Usually primary/family DRs do the referrals.

If you are not seeing your pdoc for a month, could you call pdoc now and ask to be put on a cancellation list?  Or leave a message for your pdoc to call-back?

That's what I said I can't go to OBGYN unless referral from P DOC (Primary Doctor) not pych sorry for the confusion. I took my own test and sure enough negative. Had my P Doc do same day apt today (she did her own urine test didn't believe me) It was negative. I tried to explain to her about the uncommon side effect of the med she did not understand it. I also tried to tell her maybe it's something else she can look into. Since I have all PMS symptoms with nausea my vertigo worsen (only non pms was feeling like I'm going ito shock or something but that must be anxiety)

In the end all she said she could do was check my creatine level? Is that true? I mean she wont give me OBGYN referral didn't check hormone levels nothing she said I can only check you kidneys to make sure your not OD'ing (Face palm I know I'm NOT overdosing)

Monday I'm going to call and see another doctor but I don't think they will know what to do either. I was hoping they do atleast a CBC.....

Ok, now I understand.  It was miscommunication ... Pdoc = psychiatrist.  gdoc = A primary DR.

Personally, I am not regular to the point of every 28 days.  Sometimes I am 35 days, 30 days, etc.  It isn't the same each month.

Creatinine measures kidney activity, so that would be a lab she would order when checking whether you were ODing or not.

14 hours ago, dragonfly23 said:

Lamictal made my periods farther apart about 6 weeks apart until getting used to the new higher dose.  My last increase in August to 300MG I am still running every 6 weeks.  Not such a bad deal I guess

So I can stop freaking out that I'm gonna slowly bleed out internally then lol!?! I really thought it was coming cuz all the PMS typical women soreness and moodiness.

I agree that farther spaced period's sound nice but since idk my new cycle it's gonna be a hassle to have to wear something when I go out (Just incase) Id hate to be unpreared and it rear it's head.

9 hours ago, Mo said:

So I can stop freaking out that I'm gonna slowly bleed out internally then lol!?! I really thought it was coming cuz all the PMS typical women soreness and moodiness.

I agree that farther spaced period's sound nice but since idk my new cycle it's gonna be a hassle to have to wear something when I go out (Just incase) Id hate to be unpreared and it rear it's head.

Just got mine. Back to 23 days, bleh.  But I gotta say those 6 week periods made me feel like I was gonna die. Stupid lamictal 

1 hour ago, dragonfly23 said:

Just got mine. Back to 23 days, bleh.  But I gotta say those 6 week periods made me feel like I was gonna die. Stupid lamictal 

Glad to hear your getting back on track!

I hate that I have to PMS till whenever it decides to show up :( my husband hates it too lol XD it's like pregnancy without the baby :D Normally I be sad about that but I was glad it was negative only because I'm finally getting my mind better (well some what better anyway)  I am about 1 week late if it's a 28 day cycle but if going by 30 day like last time id be 3 days late. Either way with all my past  4 babies it always showed up 100% by now so I am convinced it is the medication.

And thankyou everyone for your feed back!

Edited by Mo