CrazyBoards.org

After a failed attempt at divalproex sodium due to it aggravating my gerd to epic proportions I have been given tegretol 100 mg twice a day to start. 

Anyone expirences with the drug welcome. I'm really hoping for some good ones but bad also accepted lol.

Edited by Chrisja1987

This isn't "bad" I would say, more like a maybe, don't freak out? For about the first week or 10 days of tegretol, sounds and music were warped. Um hard to explain, I would be listening to my favorite cd's, and they were at a lower pitch, and it seemed slower. It went away, tho, so no big deal, nothing to stress about.

I take 800 mg of Tegretol per day, and I LOVE it. It keeps my brain glued together and keeps me out of suicidal depressions. I have tried going off it, and it never ends well. It seems to complete something in my brain. I realize that this might be just my experience, but it has been very good to me.

The only side effects that I got in the beginning was some ataxia and double vision. It can make you feel drunk without the intoxication, but that goes away as you adjust to the medication. Also, you might get a headache at first, but that effect too goes away shortly.

Tegretol helped my anxiety, but I also had terrible acne, wanting to eat all the time, my hair/nails were growing more than normal, and I was loosing a lot of hair as well.

I had to stop because I was waking up to my heart racing every night, and the doc said it's not safe. Glad it's working for those who it's working for.

• 3 weeks later...