CrazyBoards.org

Does "budeprion SR" suck?

Does anyone have experience taking budeprion SR, Teva Pharmaceuticals' generic equivalent of Wellbutrin SR?  I have the feeling that is what my pharmacy will give me since they like to give out Teva medications.  I ran across a board where a lot of people were bitching about how budeprion sucks badly which makes me wary.

I haven't heard that it's any better or worse than the Wellbutrin brand version. Most folks on WB these days take the XL version (1x day), but I think the SR version works quite well for many. Your mileage may vary, of course.

I couldn't tell the difference when I switched a few years ago from Wellbutrin to the generic.  I take the SR three times a day for a total of 450 mg.  I've never had any trouble with it.  Good luck to you.

• 1 year later...
Guest Alexis
Does anyone have experience taking budeprion SR, Teva Pharmaceuticals' generic equivalent of Wellbutrin SR?

there is also a long thread on this issue here.

personally, i think it sucks. i finally got my insurance company to pay for the brand name because, for me, the generic didn't work.

i get the feeling that it works for some and not for others and so you may as well try it because it's cheaper and if it does work it's nice to have cheaper meds.

My nephew takes the generic Welbutrin SR and couldn't tell the difference between the generic and brand name.

Granted, he takes it to calm the aggression he gets from his concerta.

Archived