CrazyBoards.org

While my depression is more manageable nowadays, and I am very rarely suicidal, I have found it extremely difficult to care about anything. I have very little to no interest in music, video games, talking to my friend, learning about new things, my future, the world in general, etc. Basically the only things I'm still interested in are eating, drinking (water) and sleeping. Everything else just seems equally boring. I want to know if there is a way to slowly bring myself out of this, to slowly start giving a shit about my life again. It's especially frustrating since I have many ideas for things I want to do but I simply do not have the drive to do these things which makes it feel like I'm letting my talents go to waste. I just want to know if anyone has been able to at least partially overcome this problem and if they can help me out.

• Like 1

Wooster: Haven't heard of "behavioral activation".  I'll have to talk to my therapist about it.

J04KIM: 150mg Sertraline, 5mg Namenda

melissaw: Yeah it seems like a deep depression. It's just that the apathy hasn't hit me so hard before, not even when I was suicidal.

One thing I've noticed lately is that these severe depressive episodes are rather short lived. Usually last about half a day and then I'm back to a tolerable depression. It's odd.

I have found behavioural activations very, very helpful.  The initial start up of it and then figuring out what activities I could/wanted to do.  The feeling of accomplishment.  Meds will always be the biggest help for me, but this has been a helpful adjunct.

• 3 weeks later...

Shit, I forgot to ask my therapist about behavioral activation. I had an appointment with her today.

Though I'm doing better with my depression lately. Still lack motivation though not as much and my mood has been significantly better.

2 hours ago, SvenniTheCat said:

Shit, I forgot to ask my therapist about behavioral activation. I had an appointment with her today.

Though I'm doing better with my depression lately. Still lack motivation though not as much and my mood has been significantly better.

Can you email her in between appts?