CrazyBoards.org

People Suck at Christmas

hopelessromantic

I can't post this on social media because I will get backlash from my in-laws . . . .but I am SO SICK and TIRED of getting these "year in review" letters with my Christmas cards (brag letters is what they are). They are from in-laws family, two sisters who seem like they are trying to out-do each other. One letter was a page and 1/2 long! Needless to say it went straight to the trash can without me reading it. I have blocked one of them from social media as well because how many times can we hear you brag about your pair of Adele tickets? REALLY? And the brag letters just go on and on about how wonderful their lives are (which I have heard contrary from other family members).

Do you get these brag letters too? I thought they were kinda out of style by now but maybe I'm wrong.......

I used to get them, but for unknown reasons everyone seems to have converted to the "here are a few photos from super cool places that we've visited and a typed brief message" card that would be generated at shutterfly or similar websites. I don't know why. I mostly prefer it. I sometimes envy the people because of the cool places, but that usually fades. I also sometimes wish that they'd write a real note with it, but then usually an actual note arrives from someone closer to me, and I remind myself that the computer generated message is from someone who really wouldn't have anything to say to me if they tried.

I don't get those stupid letters (I get very few Christmas cards, despite sending out 50-100 every year.)  I'm guilty of sending Shutterfly cards with my kid's pictures on them.  I just do it so I'll get cards back.... but everybody is on Facebook (I am not) so I guess people just Facebook instead of sending Christmas cards.  But yeah people suck at all times of the year.

People only send this shit out to cover the fact that their lives do in fact suck (little Amy is preggers but aborting, Johnny got busted with a pound of weed...), only those people can't face the truth so they tell bullshit tales so make u think their lives are the shit. 

I would ignore, toss in trash, block on media, etc...Don't let it get you down because some people are overdosing on their happy pills and writing bullshit to hide the truth.

7 hours ago, larali said:

I don't get those stupid letters (I get very few Christmas cards, despite sending out 50-100 every year.)  I'm guilty of sending Shutterfly cards with my kid's pictures on them.  I just do it so I'll get cards back.... but everybody is on Facebook (I am not) so I guess people just Facebook instead of sending Christmas cards.  But yeah people suck at all times of the year.

Exactly.  I make the effort to send cards on my list of people to send to, and get maybe 4 if I am lucky.  And I agree with FB.  I am not on FB either, and my thoughts on that are the people talk about themselves all year long on FB, so they have no reason to send out letters or cards (according to them -- at least some of them anyway; there are probably exceptions).